13. Work-life balance
Factors of employee engagement
Work-life balance is a determining factor for employees' commitment and job satisfaction. The theme is about how organizations help their employees to balance their work and personal life, and try to avoid conflicts in that balance. Work-life balance (or work-life integration) is important for the new generation of employees, but nowadays a fundamental topic for all employees.
It is one of the 15 drivers in the scientific Employee Happiness Model®.
Improve employee engagement through the 15 drivers of the Employee Happiness Model
It is important to gain insight into what makes your employees enthusiastic, happy and productive. What are their motives? You can find this out by scanning the 15 factors of engagement. But you can’t do everything at once. So first focus on the theme where you think the most impact can be achieved, simply or quickly!
Work-life balance, together with the drivers Workplace conditions and Vitality, forms the theme ‘Well-being’ in 2DAYSMOOD's Employee Happiness Model and measuring method.
15 drivers of employee happiness and engagement
Leadership, appreciation, work-life balance, ...
• The buttons to turn to increase happiness
• The 15 drivers: Employee Happiness Model
• The scientific basis i.c.w. Utrecht University
Employee Happiness Model > theme well-being
This theme is about the physical and mental health of employees. Well-being can be supported by: elements that make the workplace stress-free and comfortable, stimulate a healthy lifestyle and positive energy, and a healthy work-life balance.
By measuring how satisfied employees are with the three drivers in this theme, you will discover how you can increase efficiency, productivity and happiness at work.
Checklist: how does work-life balance influence employee engagement?
Positive influences on engagement
- Offering flexible work processes and programs
- Being able to spend time on energizing activities outside of work
- Autonomy for employees to organize their own agenda
- Coaching employees and supporting them when they cannot receive social support from partners, friends and family
Negative influences on engagement
- Not being able to disconnect yourself from work mentally during private time
- Lack of connection with the organization in a (partial) remote working situation
- Lack of time for rest and introspection
AttentionThey are being heard!
FeedbackFast and anonymous
PerspectiveMore work happiness
InsightPoints to improve!
Data drivenMonitor effects
ResultsEnergetic work climate
Why (HR) directors investigate the 15 drivers
You can see the 15 drivers in the Employee Happiness Model as measurable factors that have a negative or positive impact on employee happiness and engagement. By increasing satisfaction with these factors, you can improve stress, vitality, productivity and employee turnover!
Within your own team(s), you can check how the drivers are doing, via our fast measuring method. You will work data-driven: through an analysis of satisfaction and importance, you discover where you can make impact immediately.
Leverage the science
Profit from happiness
An average company with 250 employees saves $200,000 annually through happiness
Happy and engaged employees are 50% more motivated to do their work
Focusing on happiness and well-being in teams leads to 80% fewer burnouts
Do you want to increase happiness in your team or organization? Collect feedback on a specific subject? Monitor stress and satisfaction in real-time? Or do you need a baseline survey to get insight in the strengths and risks of your working climate?
We are happy to help with your specific challenge, using:
- Our expertise, experience and energy!
- Data from your teams (via a quick scan)
- Leave your details here so we can get in touch
- We will discuss your challenges and give advice
- After a live demo we will propose a starting plan
Questions for our strategic happiness expert?
Dr. Marvin Deitz
+1 877 560 5790