Factors of employee engagement
For employees, appreciation is a determining factor for commitment and job satisfaction. It is the positive emotional reward that people receive for their efforts and hard work, from their direct managers, colleagues and other members of the organization. Appreciation is not monetary and remains important throughout the employee's life cycle.
It is one of the 15 drivers in the scientific Employee Happiness Model®.
Improve employee engagement through the 15 drivers of the Employee Happiness Model
It is important to gain insight into what makes your employees enthusiastic, happy and productive. What are their motives? You can find this out by scanning the 15 factors of engagement. But you can’t do everything at once. So first focus on the theme where you think the most impact can be achieved, simply or quickly!
Appreciation, together with the drivers Salary & benefits, Learning & development and Intrinsic motivation, forms the theme ‘Job’ in 2DAYSMOOD's Employee Happiness Model and measuring method.
15 drivers of employee happiness and engagement
Leadership, appreciation, work-life balance, ...
• The buttons to turn to increase happiness
• The 15 drivers: Employee Happiness Model
• The scientific basis i.c.w. Utrecht University
Employee Happiness Model > theme job
This theme is about what an organization can offer the employee in exchange for their work and the commitment that contributes to the overall performance of the organization. This can be about intrinsic factors (e.g. appreciation) and extrinsic factors (e.g. monetary).
By measuring how satisfied employees are with the four drivers in this theme, you discover in which ways they get satisfaction from their work and how you can (continue to) motivate them.
Checklist: how does appreciation influence employee engagement?
Positive influences on engagement
- Good work and extra effort are recognized and appreciated
- Professional procedures for the on- and offboarding of employees
- Showing appreciation for different opinions and taking them into account when making decisions
Negative influences on engagement
- The feeling that you are not being respected for your efforts and achievements
- Leaders who do not compliment and / or never thank employees
- Managers with a lack of interest in the tasks and projects that keep the employee busy
AttentionThey are being heard!
FeedbackFast and anonymous
PerspectiveMore work happiness
InsightPoints to improve!
Data drivenMonitor effects
ResultsEnergetic work climate
Why (HR) directors investigate the 15 drivers
You can see the 15 drivers in the Employee Happiness Model as measurable factors that have a negative or positive impact on employee happiness and engagement. By increasing satisfaction with these factors, you can improve stress, vitality, productivity and employee turnover!
Within your own team(s), you can check how the drivers are doing, via our fast measuring method. You will work data-driven: through an analysis of satisfaction and importance, you discover where you can make impact immediately.
Leverage the science
Profit from happiness
In teams with happy employees, productivity increases by 45%
By paying attention to employee happiness and satisfaction, you will retain talent
Happy and engaged employees are 50% more motivated to do their work
Do you want to increase happiness in your team or organization? Collect feedback on a specific subject? Monitor stress and satisfaction in real-time? Or do you need a baseline survey to get insight in the strengths and risks of your working climate?
We are happy to help with your specific challenge, using:
- Our expertise, experience and energy!
- Data from your teams (via a quick scan)
- Leave your details here so we can get in touch
- We will discuss your challenges and give advice
- After a live demo we will propose a starting plan
Questions for our strategic happiness expert?
Dr. Marvin Deitz
+1 877 560 5790