8. Social values
Factors of employee engagement
Social values are determining factors for employee engagement and job satisfaction. Social values relate to the psychosocial safety in the organization and the extent to which the organization protects the mental health of employees. Involvement and loyalty grow stronger as employees can show their real personality, talents, motivations and insecurities.
It is one of the 15 drivers in the scientific Employee Happiness Model®.
Improve employee engagement through the 15 drivers of the Employee Happiness Model
It is important to gain insight into what makes your employees enthusiastic, happy and productive. What are their motives? You can find this out by scanning the 15 factors of engagement. But you can’t do everything at once. So first focus on the theme where you think the most impact can be achieved, simply or quickly!
Social values, together with the drivers Leadership, Relationship with colleagues and Relationship with manager, forms the theme ‘People’ in 2DAYSMOOD's Employee Happiness Model and measuring method.
15 drivers of employee happiness and engagement
Leadership, appreciation, work-life balance, ...
• The buttons to turn to increase happiness
• The 15 drivers: Employee Happiness Model
• The scientific basis i.c.w. Utrecht University
Employee Happiness Model > theme people
This theme is about all the people who work in the organization, who are indispensable for achieving success. The creativity, productivity, vision and motivation that employees give keeps an organization positive and alive! It is striking that in most organizations the largest and most urgent improvement can often be made here.
By measuring how satisfied employees are with the drivers in this theme, you discover to what extent they can be themselves and have healthy relationships at work and how you can improve this.
Checklist: how does social values influence employee engagement?
Positive influences on engagement
- Encouraging diversity in the organization and teams
- The feeling of freedom to express your opinion
- Treating everyone equally, fairly and with respect
- Establishing rules and procedures that condemn sexual harassment, racism, and condescension towards whistleblowers
Negative influences on engagement
- Discriminating based on ethnicity, sexual orientation, and / or personal characteristics
- When deviant behavior such as sexual harassment, violence and aggression is not discouraged or punished
- Not communicating about unacceptable behavior for managers and employees
- Bullying, and not respecting the rights of both perpetrators and victims
AttentionThey are being heard!
FeedbackFast and anonymous
PerspectiveMore work happiness
InsightPoints to improve!
Data drivenMonitor effects
ResultsEnergetic work climate
Why (HR) directors investigate the 15 drivers
You can see the 15 drivers in the Employee Happiness Model as measurable factors that have a negative or positive impact on employee happiness and engagement. By increasing satisfaction with these factors, you can improve stress, vitality, productivity and employee turnover!
Within your own team(s), you can check how the drivers are doing, via our fast measuring method. You will work data-driven: through an analysis of satisfaction and importance, you discover where you can make impact immediately.
Leverage the science
Profit from happiness
An average company with 250 employees saves $200,000 annually through happiness
Focusing on happiness and well-being in teams leads to 80% fewer burnouts
Happy and engaged employees are 50% more motivated to do their work
Always the employee survey that suits you.
Do you want to increase happiness in your teams? Collect feedback on a specific subject? Monitor stress in real-time? Or do you need a baseline survey to get insight in the drivers of your culture?
We are happy to help with your specific challenge, using:
- Our expertise, experience and energy!
- A demo of our tool (if you like)
- The opportunity to try it for free
- Or enjoy reading our brochure
Questions for our strategic happiness expert?
Dr. Marvin Deitz
+1 877 560 5790